In an effort to keep our families and staff updated on the approaching snow storm and frigid temperatures, I will be updating all of you about possible school closures on our website and through social media. With three children of my own, I know how very important it is to be updated on possible school closures, and to receive word if school is closing as soon as possible so that childcare arrangements can be made.
It is always our intent to get word out as quickly as possible if school is going to be closed. If it is possible to make the best judgement call the night before school closes, we most certainly do that. Please know that we are making our judgement based on weather forecasting from a variety of sources, along with communication with the road commission and actually driving the roads ourselves. While you might not always agree with the time we cancel school or when you receive communication, please know that we get the word out as soon as the decision is made.
This week looks like an absolute mess in terms of weather. We have a huge snow storm headed our way for Monday, which is likely to impact travel for both Monday and Tuesday. On the back side of that, we have very cold temperatures forecasted for the rest of the week. While these are early forecasts, every computer model is showing them to be very likely.
With all of that said, we will be out in front of these weather situations collecting information and making decisions as soon as we can. Please make sure you are checking social media - as that is where all of the updates will be. Follow me on twitter @supeschmidt, like our Facebook page (BangorTownshipSchools), or follow us on Instagram (bangortwpschools).
Please make sure to take care of yourselves as this weather approaches. Don't drive if you don't have to, don't risk being in the cold weather, and please make sure your pets are in the house and out of the cold. We are hoping everyone remains warm and safe. #bobcatnation
With Bobcat Pride,