Welcome back to an exciting 2018 – 2019 school year at Bangor Lincoln Elementary School! The staff is thrilled that you have entrusted your children’s education to us. We will strive to provide the best educational experience for your child. It is our goal to create an enriched learning environment that engages each student. We have a wonderful and caring staff that truly cares about the well-being of your child and their education. As we begin our year, please see below for some important notes, updates, and answers to frequently asked questions about Lincoln.
- .We ask that you do not bring your children to school before 7:55 a.m. because there is no supervision until 7:55 a.m. Breakfast is served from 7:55 a.m. until 8:15 a.m. For security purposes, the doors to our building will remain locked during the instructional day. There is a buzzer located next to the front door for admittance during those hours that the door is locked.
- There have been updates Lincoln handbook. Please be sure to read it thoroughly as it will guide staff, students, and families through our year.
- As always, parking can be an issue with the small lot we have. Please remember that anyone parking on the road or blocking a neighbor’s driveway can be ticketed by the police. Please help us be good neighbors in our community by not blocking homes or driveways and parking in designated areas.
- We will continue with the security process we have put in place, asking parents to drop off their children at the front door and to sign in for a visitor badge when you have an appointment within our building. However, we also understand it is important for you to build a relationship with your child’s teacher and help with the transition to school or to a new grade. Therefore, all parents are welcome to walk their children to class through 9/8 (9/15 for kindergarten). After this time we will ask that students be dropped off or walked in as far as the main office. We will have 5th grade ambassadors available for any students needing a friend to walk them to class after this time.
- Many important forms will be passed out at our open house and during the first week of school; please read, complete, and return to school as soon as possible. Your packet contains forms for emergency contacts, free-and-reduced lunches, field trips, computer usage, and volunteering as well as safety and procedure information for our parking lot.
- Our school newsletter (ROARING NEWS) will be sent home once a month. For the daily goings on at Lincoln be sure to “Like” us on Facebook and “Follow” us on Twitter. Pictures, news, notes, and upcoming events will be communicated regularly on these platforms. Continuing this year is REMIND101 text messaging service. Please be on the lookout for information on how to sign up for this service.
The staff of Lincoln is looking forward to another great year. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at 989-686-7639 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mr. Kurtis Pake, Principal